Community Access Facilitation
Helping you get involved in your community and access neighbourhood resources is a priority at BALANCE for Blind Adults.
The Community Access program begins with a meeting with a community access facilitator to assess your needs and interests. From there, you work together with your facilitator to build the life skills and resources you value the most. C.A.F. can also help if you are new to Toronto.
C.A.F. offers instruction and support in:
- connecting to financial resources
- finding affordable housing and planning the move
- accessing community health services
- joining social and recreational activities
- accessing educational, pre-vocational or volunteer opportunities
- advocating when barriers arise
- exploring and connecting with your neighbourhood
“BALANCE for Blind Adults is a wonderful organization. When I found their services I was extremely limited in my activities. With help from my Community Access facilitator I learned how to access resources, set goals, and follow them up.” -Tracy